Vice President Capital & Investment Strategy
136 Brookline Ave.
The VP of Capital and Investment Strategy will be a senior financial manager and strategist for the Company. Working closely with the partners and the finance team, the VP of Capital and Investment Strategy will have primary responsibility for long term financial strategy and planning, strategic capital raising and financing activities of the firm. The first major role for this role will be to work with the Executive Management Team on the five-year business and capital plan and will be looked to as a key driver in this process. The VP of Capital and Investment Strategy will serve on the Investment Committee and attend all Executive Committee Meetings.
- Developing the Company’s long term capital strategy as part of the five-year business planning process including projected sources and uses of capital.
- Leading the firm’s capital market strategies and processes.
- Fostering and maintaining capital relationships of the firm and expanding capital relationships for new opportunities.
- Identifying, structuring, and raising equity capital funds both at the Company and individual deal levels with institutional and private/ family office capital.
- Evaluating equity recapitalization and working with the CFO on debt refinancing opportunities and strategies.
- Oversee all aspects of co-investment partnerships including reporting, finance, legal, operations, and business development.
- Ensuring investment returns and strategy are being realized, in partnership with the CFO, including determining, tracking, and reporting on appropriate metrics for measuring financial productivity.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with Acquisitions, Accounting, Development and Management teams on various projects.
- Assist with sourcing and introductions for acquisition opportunities through direct relationships with REITs, national / international investments firms, banks, and the investment sales / brokerage community.
- If applicable, assist in driving regional or national investment brand; as needed, travel to markets to help evaluate portfolio or entity level M&A.
- Help to further institutionalize investment committee process and provide general oversight through deal closing and fundraising.
- 15 – 20 years of relevant experience in real estate capital markets, finance, investor relations and/or acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other relevant Advanced Degree a plus.
- Proven track record of raising capital and financing complex real estate transactions.
- Must be an incredibly driven self-starter with exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Energetic team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent analytical, financial, and real estate modeling skills with the ability to understand complex mixed-use development projects.
- Capacity to manage and lead a team of real estate finance professionals.
- Established network of real estate investment industry relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong strategic thinker.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.