Samuels & Associates is seeking a customer focused Service Manager to oversee the daily maintenance operations for a Samuels & Associates property. The Service Manager will oversee and lead all aspects of the property’s hands-on maintenance including service requests, property inspections, turnover of apartments, repairs and preventative maintenance of apartments and interior/exterior common areas. The Service Manager is a working member of the staff and will lead, develop and train the maintenance team. Additionally, the Service Manager will be responsible for scheduling and directing external vendors. The Service Manager will work in conjunction with the General Manager to ensure the property is kept in pristine condition and all maintenance items are addressed and completed within required timeframes.
- Full Time
- Annual Salary
- Partners with the General Manager to accomplish the property/company objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains and motivates a high-performing maintenance team. Clearly, communicates job expectations, coaches maintenance team on job performance and disciplinary issues. Monitors the team’s performance against assigned objectives as well as individual contributions. Provides feedback for improvement, recommendations and development of the maintenance team.
- Demonstrate knowledge and adherence to all applicable building/county codes and safety standards with knowledge of risk management and OSHA/MSDS policies and procedures. Ensure annual building systems inspections are completed as require.
- Manage capital projects to completion in the planned timeframe and anticipated budget.
- Responds to and completes all maintenance requests within 24 hours. Ensure requests are done in a customer focused and courteous manner giving the residents personal attention for them and their home.
- Ensures that all service staff follow work safety practices/protocols. Responsible for proper training and use of company tools and equipment. Attends and participates in any required training classes.
- Maintains open communication with General Manager, team and residents. Assists maintenance team in the performance of their duties as needed.
- Delivers 100% customer service to our residents and is directly responsible for exceptional maintenance survey results.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Responsible for assisting in all market-ready apartments which includes scheduling vendors, painting, repairs and maintenance, carpet cleaning/repairs and housekeeping ensuring a great move-in experience and resident satisfaction.
- Completes regular property inspections to proactively identify necessary repairs or replacement needed within the property.
- Coordinates on-call emergency service on a rotational basis as required.
- Able to perform repairs such as electrical, appliance, HVAC, plumbing, drywall, painting and carpentry while operating in the parameters of the budget.
- Maintain grounds and common areas by keeping them free of trash, debris and, if applicable, ice/snow.
- Orders and controls maintenance tools and equipment inventory.
- Monitors the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment and HVAC systems.
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience in Property Management or similar field.
- Ability to manage a financial budget and recommend changes when needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Great work ethic and professionalism as well as good verbal and written communication skills.
- CFC certification is required.
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
- Participation in trade and Professional Association meetings, seminars and presentations in order to stay current on industry trends and current events (i.e. LEED, BOMA, IMFA, NAIOP, etc.)
As a Samuels & Associates team member, you represent Samuels & Associates. While you are on the job, Samuels & Associates Residential expects you to wear clothing and accessories that are appropriate in a professional business environment. If a uniform is required at the property, you are expected to wear it.
- Moderate. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may occasionally call for minor deviations. Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions.
- High. Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties while under pressure, and meet deadlines in a timely manner, to interact/communicate with other associates, residents, visitors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.