Senior Property Accountant
Samuels & Associates
This position is for an experienced commercial real estate property accountant who is proactive, can work independently and as part of a team, and who has a thirst for acquiring knowledge as it relates to the entire real estate investment, management, & development process. This role will work closely with Property Management/Portfolio Management on budgeting, reporting and general portfolio management support. The SPM will also work closely with Development team members on any active Development/Construction projects within the assigned portfolio.
The Senior Property Accountant will have experience accounting for complex, mixed-use properties and/or development real estate projects.
The Senior Property Accountant will process the accounting functions of general ledger/financial reporting, lease administration, and treasury management for a designated portfolio of owned properties. The Senior Property Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and indirectly to the Property Controller.
Areas of responsibility include Financial Reporting, Cash Management, Budgeting & Forecasting and Lender Compliance.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for daily operations of 4-6 properties. The Senior Property Accountant should be comfortable with complex, mixed-use assets.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages for properties including:
- Bank reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Balance sheet, Reserves and Capital Expenditure analysis
- Review, analyze and record adjustments and accruals to general ledger.
- Coordinate with JV Partners on property related financial activity.
- Cash Receipts & assist in monitoring outstanding receivables with property management.
- Prepare CAM & Property Tax and Utility reimbursements.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets.
- Assist with the preparation of property forecasts.
- Prepare or assist with preparation of annual audit and tax returns packages.
- Prepare or assist with lender reporting requirements.
- Work directly with property and asset management teams to ensure financial integrity of assigned properties.
- Coordinate with lease administration/analysis and development teams.
- Other projects including participation in due diligence and financial analysis as it relates to acquisitions and dispositions.
- Additional Accounting projects assisting the Corporate Controller including:
- Corporate Bank Statement
- Intercompany Receivable reconciliations
- Managing Corporate Cash Receipts/ Misc. billing to managed properties