Sales, Marketing & Reservations Coordinator
The Verb Hotel
As the Sales, Marketing & Reservations Coordinator you would be responsible for increasing direct bookings though sales and marketing initiatives and completing sales and marketing goals as outlined in the market plan.
- Full Time
- Drive rooms revenue through social media promotions, e-blasts, website, and digital marketing channels.
- Achieve Facebook and Instagram follower goals; Reserve influencer stays monthly and coordinate itinerary and welcome along with Samuels restaurants; Be the on-property contact for Social Media-Post “live videos” weekly on Instagram and Facebook relating to on property activations or Fenway neighborhood news; Setup concert ticket, gift certificate and other giveaways through social channels (SMR Coordinator, Chandelier, Samuels Marketing)
- Create and maintain 365-day music activation calendar of events for the property (Band on the Run Calendar); coordinate sound technician and event vendors, partner/sponsors, and communicate with operations team for events; distribute event updates to hotel and Marketing Partners.
- Monitor website traffic and conversion, collect reports from Marketing Partners for SEO to focus lead measures and compare results against annual Market Plan; update website and OTA language quarterly and add content to refresh.
- Qualify small group leads for booking. Perform Sales Duties as needed including but not limited to: resolicit past groups and LNR accounts, coordinate room blocks with Revenue Management, respond to solicitations for repeat business and increased penetration, compiling reports.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Revenue Management and Operating Departments to coordinate e-blast communication and graphics for hotel events and promotions.
- Support brand design initiatives from GM, HM, Sales Manager, and Ownership for updates in art installations, amenities and guest giveaways.
- Maintain associate head shots for internal organization website, as well as maintain hotel website and in-room content monthly.
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings/calls with Social Media and Digital Marketing Partners as the on-property representative.
- Attend scheduled Sales, Marketing, and Operations Department and related meetings.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear updates and follow through with Verb managers.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Prepare presentations for Owners in PowerPoint and Excel
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Preferred experience in sales, hotels, and customer service.
- The ideal candidate is interested in growing within Sales and Marketing, receiving coaching and feedback.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using Microsoft Office, Property Management System, and other sales software.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Samuels and Associates staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Samuels and Associates employee is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Samuels and Associates. Every employee should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.