The Verb Hotel
Develop and solicit corporate business and local accounts to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Meet or exceed quarterly booking goals. Qualify group business leads, sign and secure group contracts.
- Ensure deposit payments are collected by due date. Collect attrition and cancellation fees.
- Prospect new accounts in Fenway and direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel. Host prospects on property for site visits.
- Resolicit past groups and LNR accounts for repeat business and increased penetration.
- Conduct training programs regularly and adhere to hotel standards of measuring associate performance. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement. Ensure project deadlines are met. Set goals with Assistant General Manager and measure progress.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of data and reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department for Asset Managers, General Manager, Hotel Manager, and Revenue Management teams. Reports include but are not limited to: Weekly Pace Report, Weekly Pickup Report, LNR Booking Report, and Sales Meeting minutes. Ensure accurate information is recorded in Lead Management and Property Management Systems.
- Manage cut-off dates and coordinate room blocks with Revenue Management weekly. Respond to all solicitations in one business day.
- Collaborate with the Assistant General Manager to coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Organize e-blast calendar targeting room night “need dates” as provided by Assistant General Manager and Revenue Management team. Track performance of e-blasts and recommend improvements.
- Attend Weekly Leadership Meetings to present Group Resumes and updated metrics on production towards goals.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote programs across hotel departments to generate awareness. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Support the preparation of annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Perform occasional MOD shifts with Operations team.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Written Communication
- Site Visits
- Sales & Marketing
- Sales Presentations