Hotel Sales and Marketing Manager
The Verb Hotel
To develop and solicit corporate business and local accounts to maximize RevPAR and profitability of the hotel. To develop and oversee marketing initiatives that have a direct correlation to the guest experience, represent a tangible value add from a community/PR perspective, and have a positive financial impact.
Essential Job Functions
- Meet or exceed quarterly booking goals. Qualify group business leads, sign and secure group contracts.
- Prospect new accounts in Fenway and direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel. Host prospects on property for site visits.
- Resolicit past groups and LNR accounts for repeat business and increased penetration.
- Collaborate with the Assistant General Manager to coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry and local market to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- In charge of Sales & Marketing Scoreboards and follow through on Lead Measures to achieve department goals.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of data and reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department for Asset Managers, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Revenue Management teams. Reports include but are not limited to: Weekly Pace Report, Weekly Pickup Report, LNR Booking Report, and Sales Meeting minutes. Ensure accurate information is recorded in Lead Management and Property Management Systems.
- Manage cut-off dates and coordinate room blocks with Revenue Management weekly. Respond to all solicitations in one business day.
- Oversee e-blast calendar targeting room night “need dates” as provided by Assistant General Manager and Revenue Management team. Track performance of e-blasts and recommend improvements.
- Participate in weekly update meetings with the GM and the Assistant GM by providing weekly status updates on marketing goals (i.e. special events and partnerships, digital and search engine marketing, PR, social media, and branding)
- Attend Weekly Leadership Meetings to present Group Resumes and updated metrics on production towards goals.
- Create annual Sales & Marketing Plan and budget, execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions. Outline and drive PR strategy, through collaboration with outside agencies, capitalizing on the all unique aspects of the property
- Develop and manage an online and in-house collection of branded merchandise for sale and giveaways/gifts
- Monitor website traffic and conversion, have monthly e-commerce meeting with Marketing Partners for SEO; update website and OTA language quarterly and add content to refresh, audit backlinks to website
- Manage the social media accounts (such as Facebook and Instagram) to achieve follower and engagement goals. Create content on Instagram and Facebook relating to on property activations or Fenway neighborhood news; Setup concert ticket, gift certificate and other giveaways through social channels (Partner with hotel front desk team). Upkeep the hotel dog’s Instagram.
- Conduct training programs regularly and adhere to hotel standards of measuring associate performance. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement. Ensure project deadlines are met. Set goals with General Manager and measure progress.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to the hotel staff and collaborate with leadership team to ensure clarity of marketing goals and brand standards
- Perform any other Marketing related duties as required by GM, Asset Manager and/or Owner
- Perform monthly MOD shifts with Operations team. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on different shifts as needed.
Additional Job Functions
- The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to our team. Every associate should adhere to hotel security and safety policies and procedures, particularly regarding, cleanliness, key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
- Receiving personal recognition on TripAdvisor and TravelClick guest surveys by following all 4 Levels of Service Excellence
- One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction using the SERVICE model (Smile, Enthusiastic, Recognize, Voice, Inform, Care, Engagement). It is essential that you always remain poised, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a Samuels representative and Fenway ambassador, every working minute of every day.
- Creating an exceptional first impression. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information to all guests and associates.
- Go above and beyond guest expectations by responding promptly to all guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using LEARN model (Listen, Empathy, Apologize, React, Notify). Please check with your manager on empowerment guidelines.
- Promote the unique artifacts, building history and music celebrations to create an Authentic Rock and Roll Experience.
- Maintain a 365-day music activation calendar of events for the property (Band on the Run Calendar); organize music acts and promote to guests and neighbors; coordinate sound technician, partner/sponsors, and communicate with operations team for events; distribute event updates to hotel and Marketing Partners.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guests and other employees.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness of work area and public space.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help coworkers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, empathy, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, and continuously perform behind the front desk.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- Ability to lead multiple associates and create synergy between multiple departments.
- Ability to develop, coach and counsel team members and promote continuous growth through development plans.
- Ability to make sound business decisions that result in a win-win outcome.