Property Manager – Commercial
136 Brookline Ave.
Manage the operations of the third party portfolio and other projects as assigned, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return on the investment dollars, maintaining the property at the established levels of protection, care and maintenance.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to insure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the properties at all times.
- Oversee all vendors and personnel working at the property to maintain a high standard of performance in accordance with the terms of the contracts and the expectations of owners and tenants.
- Ensure that all contractors and vendors working at the properties have current insurance certificates on file meeting the minimum insurance requirements.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the properties and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases, compliance with life safety policies, and the proper upkeep of the property
- Work with the Senior Property Manager and Ownership accounting to manage the preparation and presentation to ownership of the annual operating budget including the gathering of information such as quotes, energy consumption records, market data, etc. that will be needed in compiling the budget.
- Review, approve, and properly code all invoices for the properties.
- Review monthly financial results for the property and reporting of variances and activity at the property to ownership.
- Work with Ownership property accountants in the preparation of year-end CAM and RE Tax reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor and manage problem tenants Accounts Receivables. Set up and participate in monthly Accounts Receivable meetings with appropriate parties to ensure all income is received and posted correctly.
- Secure bids for capital expenditure – submit to owner. Secure approval and implement.
- Assist the leasing team with maximizing efforts to market the property to prospective tenants.
- Manage and oversee LL and Tenant work, with the assistance of S&A Construction, as needed, for vacant part of portfolio. Review and mark up LOI’s. Facilitate the scope/price of potential build outs with S&A team. Track corresponding TI payments and all lease requirements for processing such payments.
- Handle tenant and owner requests for signage and ensure compliance with zoning and lease provisions.
- Review tenant construction plans and approve standard rules and regulations.
- Provide proper tenant relations for tenant services, alterations, decorations, and construction work being done in building.
- Work with Marketing Manager to promote properties through social media, branding, and website(s), as needed.
- Reporting to Ownership on a monthly basis. Leasing, operations, financials.
- Provide new tenants with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures. Coordinate entry of all property information and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking.
Other Job Functions:
- Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
- Attendance of all scheduled Property Management staff meetings and participation in trade and Processional Associates (i.e., LEED, BOMA, IFMA).
- Bachelor’s Degree. CPM and/or RPA designation preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management.
- Must have strong financial skills.
- Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
- May perform other duties as assigned.