Provide guidance and leadership to the Rooms Division, ensuring consistent compliance with hotel policies, and quality guest service while maximizing departmental profits. Indirectly offers supervision for the entire hotel as well as making policies and developing plans for carrying out work programs. Acts as General Manager or Hotel Manager in their absence, as requested.
- Implement and manage hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with The Verb Hotel standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
- Interview, hire, train, conduct performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Assign and instruct Rooms Department Leaders in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Create and publish department schedules. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: Housekeeping Services, Engineering, Front Office, and Guest Services. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
- Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms Departments revenue and expenses. Review Security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
- Work closely with the Hotel Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
- Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Sales and Room Departments Meetings, Trainings, Quality Meetings, etc.
- Ensure deposit payments are collected by due date. Collect attrition and cancellation fees.
- Conduct training programs regularly and adhere to hotel standards of measuring associate performance. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement. Ensure project deadlines are met. Set goals with Hotel Manager and measure progress.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of data and reports pertaining to the operation of the Rooms Department for Asset Managers, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Revenue Management teams. Reports include but are not limited to: Revenue, Guest Service, Financial presentations, Meeting minutes. Ensure accurate information is recorded in Property Management Systems.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Four year Degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience in Sales and Operations required.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Computer skills, computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.). Mathematical Reasoning, demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Maintain a professional appearance
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Samuels and Associates staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Samuels and Associates employees is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Samuels and Associates. Every Samuels and Associates employee should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.