The Operations Manager supports and assists the General Manager in the management of property in accordance with the Management Agreements, and the policies and procedures of the company. He or she will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of Van Ness.
Reports to: General Manager
- Manages the operations and maintenance of the building.
- Demonstrate knowledge and adherence to all applicable building/county codes and safety standards with knowledge of risk management and OSHA/MSDS policies and procedures. Ensure annual building systems inspections are completed as required.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with the tenants and their respective facility management representatives.
- Responds to and completes all maintenance requests within 24 hours. Ensure requests are done in a customer focused and courteous manner giving the residents personal attention for them and their home/office space/retail space and building tenants.
- Schedule, plan, and organize the in-house maintenance staff for repair and upkeep of the property.
- Assist in the management of maintenance, security, and cleaning services provided by third-party vendors and personnel working at the property to maintain a high standard of performance in accordance with the terms of the contracts.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and motivates a high-performing maintenance team. Clearly, communicates job expectations, coaches’ maintenance team on job performance and disciplinary issues. Monitors the team’s performance against assigned objectives as well as individual contributions. Provides feedback for improvement, recommendations, and development of the maintenance team.
- Ensures that all service staff follow work safety practices/protocols. Responsible for proper training and use of company tools and equipment. Attends and participates in any required training classes.
- Tracks Maintenance employees’ safety and professional training
- Prioritize property needs, complaints and work orders, ensuring all items are resolved properly.
- Maintains open communication with General Manager, team, and residents/tenants. Assists maintenance team in the performance of their duties as needed.
- Delivers 100% customer service to our residents and is directly responsible for exceptional maintenance survey results.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Responsible for assisting in all market-ready apartments which includes scheduling vendors, painting, repairs and maintenance, carpet cleaning/repairs and housekeeping ensuring a great move-in experience and resident satisfaction.
- Performs on-call emergency service on a rotational basis as required.
- Able to perform repairs such as electrical, appliance, HVAC, plumbing, drywall, painting, and carpentry while operating in the parameters of the budget.
- Maintain grounds and common areas by keeping them free of trash, debris and, if applicable, ice/snow.
- Monitors the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment, HVAC, plumbing, and life safety
- Establishes proper preventive Maintenance procedures and policies for building equipment.
- Establishes and maintains CMMS software for building assets and works orders
- Oversees planning, development, and implementation for all capital improvements, manage and track costs as well as schedule for projects.
- Establishes and manages preventative maintenance program for the property including entering asset information, tagging equipment, and assigning PM tasks. Performs regular updates to the CMMS system and provides reports to General Manager.
- Regularly inspects the property for quality assurance and adherence to operating, security, and facilities standards.
- Coordinate procurement of equipment, supplies and materials needed to perform required duties effectively and efficiently.
- Establishes and tracks building rounds and inspection reports.
- Assist with the installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Manages card access control system Manages Building Automation System (BAS) to maintain occupant comfort and drive energy savings.
- Leads to a constant effort to minimize utility consumption.
- Assist General Manager in formulating and coordinating requirements for annual vendor contracts.
- Assists General Manager in preparation of annual Capital and Operating Budgets including the gathering of information that will be needed in compiling the budget.
- Assists General Manager and Property Managers in the review of accounts payable invoices.
- Maintains accurate service records of all systems and associated equipment.
- Priority on excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Manages emergency operations procedure and related software. Is a member of the building’s emergency response team
- Review new construction plans and specifications, provide feedback to Construction Team and General Manager
- Attending construction and tenant fit-out meetings, provides feedback, and inspects work areas to ensure proper procurement is followed.
- Maintains construction boundaries, schedules shutdowns of building systems as needed with minimal impact to other areas of the facility.
- Maintains impairment log for fire and life safety activities during construction. Schedules vendors for shutdowns as needed.
- Maintains NFPA 241 plan and hot work tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. LEED Certification Preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in building operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability in project management.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Lab and Life Science experience preferred, including biotech infrastructure and systems: vivarium, RODI, process cooling etc.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, codes, and specs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Working knowledge of a work order and preventive maintenance software system.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Budgeting and financial reporting experience.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Professional State licensure in HVAC
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.