Provide guidance and leadership to the Rooms Division, ensuring consistent compliance with hotel policies, and quality guest service while maximizing departmental profits. Indirectly offers supervision for the entire hotel as well as making policies and developing plans for carrying out work programs. Acts as General Manager or Assistant General Manager in their absence, as requested.
REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager/ General Manager
WILDLY IMPORTANT GOALS:
- To increase TripAdvisor and TravelClick guest satisfaction scores by providing excellent service to guests and provide leadership to entire team that inspires the guests to personally recognize each team member frequently.
- Maximize Occupancy and profitability of the hotel.
- To increase Associate Engagement Scores.
- Availability and ability to run all shifts as required.
- Managing Rooms Division Operations in keeping with SOPs. The focus is to improve quality and quantity of performance daily.
- Oversee Rooms Division Financial operations and reconcile department checkbooks to ensure expenses are aligned with financial expectations. Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms Departments revenue and expenses. Present monthly variance report to hotel senior management and owners/investors.
- Conducting Rooms Division associate performance evaluations with continuous coaching and counseling, have monthly one on one with each associate to focus on team member development plans.
- Conduct bi-weekly Operations Meeting with department leaders and attend weekly leadership meeting to focus on improving hotel scoreboard and goals. Increasing guest satisfaction scores by enforcing department lead measures are consistently executed such as capturing guest preferences for artists, genre, favorite bands and delivering preferred vinyl at check-in.
- Oversee Rooms Division weekly commitments and action plans to track associates’ progress.
- Assign and instruct Rooms Department Leaders in details of work. Ensure project deadlines are met. Ensure that weekly service audits and guest room sound checks are completed. Observe performance and encourage improvement.
- Provide training and coach entire hotel team to ensure the high level of customer service, stay on the top of guest’s experience and resolve any guest issues.
- Create and publish department schedules. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Review accuracy of Rooms Division associates’ timecards to ensure payroll is aligned with published schedule.
- Interview, hire, train, conduct performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee breakfast operations which includes updating breakfast SOPs, monitoring inventory, purchasing breakfast items. Ensuring breakfast attendants are trained and compliant with food and safety regulations.
- Work closely with the Assistant General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
- Providing a uniquely amplified experience through fun and caring service by listening to understand and empathizing with guest and associate needs.
- Function as Manager on duty to supervise the daily operations of the hotel, resolve any guest, associate issues and conduct complete property walkthroughs.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Orientation and training of new Rooms Division associates to include weekly one-on-one meetings to assist with professional developments.
- The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to our team. Every associate should adhere to hotel security and safety policies and procedures, particularly regarding, cleanliness, key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
- Receiving personal recognition on TripAdvisor and TravelClick guest surveys by following all 4 Levels of Service Excellence.
- One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction using the SERVICE model (Smile, Enthusiastic, Recognize, Voice, Inform, Care, Engagement). It is essential that you always remain poised, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a Samuels representative and Fenway ambassador, every working minute of every day.
- Creating an exceptional first impression. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information to all guests and associates.
- Promptly complete the check-in process by inputting and retrieving information from the property management system, confirming all pertinent reservation information including but not limited to length of nights, room balances, number of travelers, contact information, amenities etc. Inform of any rules and or regulations relevant to their stay such as smoking areas, pool rules, room capacities etc.
- Go above and beyond guest expectations by responding promptly to all guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using LEARN model (Listen, Empathy, Apologize, React, Notify). Please check with your manager on empowerment guidelines.
- Promote the unique artifacts, building history and music celebrations to create an Authentic Rock and Roll Experience.
- Close out guest accounts at time of check out by verifying payment information. Provide guest with folio information and check out details. In the event of dissatisfaction resolve the issue by making empowered decisions and providing solutions.
- Audit internal financial controls, including cash handling and disbursement, and associate folio charges. Make recommendations for effective improvement to department leaders and senior management.
- Audit hotel key box and Emergency Protocols to ensure associates are continuously trained and SOPs are updated and accurate.
- Respond to TravelClick guest comments and track TravelClick department score, motivate associate to get name recognition.
- Monitor and record swimming pool readings and ensure that Covid-19 guidelines are followed.
- Monitor Third Party sites, provide monthly reconciliation to ensure the accuracy of hotel revenue and balance inventory to promote sell-out.
- Ensure Verb Record Library current and updated by purchasing, maintaining, and replacing records as needed. Required monthly inventory on record to inspect for lost, damaged or mismatched records.
- Increasing direct booking by ensuring front desk associates promoting discounted and promotional rate at the time of guest departure and capture rebooking.
- In charge of Hotel TravelClick and TripAdvisor Scoreboards and follow through on Lead Measures to help achieve department goals.
- Complete Pre-Arrival calls/emails to confirm room type, parking and music preferences. Review of COVID19 Protocols and current guidelines.
- Assist guest with luggage to and from their room which may require lifting.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear accurate direction to other staff. Input messages into property management system. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve and organize mail, small packages, and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Ensure all guest requests are followed timely, to include lost and found items, housekeeping requests, maintenance issues, special requests, etc.
- Prepare orientation package for new hires, review and collect signed SOPs, maintain files for associates.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll and submit to S&A HR.
- Organize bi-annual Associate Opinion Survey, tally and present results to GM/HM.
- Assist in setting up guest amenities, special packages or celebrating requests.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guests and other employees.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness of work area and public space. Ensure supplies are stocked as needed including lobby, restrooms, and pool area. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work a full-time shift on a regular basis for various shifts (day, evening and weekend shifts based on hotel needs).
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help coworkers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, empathy, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical skills and skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system. Ability to lift 50lbs, stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated. Ability to lead multiple associates and create synergy between multiple departments. Ability to develop, coach and counsel team members and promote continuous growth through development plans. Ability to make sound business decisions that result in a win-win outcome.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
In this position you are expected to:
Provide genuine fun and caring service to all.
Proactively communicates concisely the most impactful information.
Make empowered decisions to the benefit of guests and the hotel.
Be a hard-working individual while holding oneself accountable.
Have professional competency in Hotel systems and procedures.
Can lead and manage others in an effective way.
Take initiative and the ability to self-motivate.
Hold themselves with a high sense of integrity and promote team spirit.
Can act on essential and important procedures and lead measures.
Helps achieve Hotel’s Wildly Important Goals.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Job Type: Full-time