Marketing Manager, Residential
Marketing Manager, Residential
136 Brookline Ave
The Marketing Manager is a key collaborator and driver of results and incremental value growth for an assigned portfolio of premiere multifamily properties in Greater Boston. The Manager uses their marketing and promotions expertise to drive clicks, leads, visitation, and conversion – and ultimately, an increase in NOI year over year. The Marketing Manager is a business partner, tactical creative, and data informed planner, working with internal teams and external experts to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan to meet community and company goals. The role is based out of 136 Brookline and nested with the S&A marketing team, but it is expected that the Marketing Manager will work closely with the property teams and at the properties to support firsthand knowledge of the individual communities and build relationships across departments.
Reports To: SVP, Creative and Marketing Strategy
- Primary marketing lead for S&A residential portfolio, residential community onsite and operations teams, supporting the achievement of property business development and financial performance goals via action plans around marketing, advertising, sales, and lead generation.
- Develop messaging strategy across all communication channels including but not limited to email, website, social, online advertising, collateral, etc. for all residential properties.
- Working with the Social Media Specialist, execute social media for specific properties and/or oversee contracted social media consultant, ensure original social content that showcases property unique value propositions and community benefit.
- Develop annual budget recommendations, execute on approved initiatives, code, track and reconcile spending with reporting to GMs and ownership as necessary.
- Build out all new residential property marketing plans to support opening and lease-up, including budget, execute onboarding of vendors and consultants, ILS set up, Yardi integrations, and brand roll out.
- Oversees property photography projects including contracting, model waiver management, and maintaining centralized photo library within larger marketing library – includes new photo shoots, renovation photography, neighborhood, lifestyle, etc.
- Meets with advertising and marketing partners on a regular cadence, reviews proposed service contracts to confirm preferred rates and ideal service levels, recommends creative service providers, monitors and manages advertising suppliers for product performance and service quality, and fine tunes services/budgets in place as needed to achieve optimal results that support asset performance goals.
- Working alongside the larger marketing team and with the larger portfolio, determine residential event programming, recommend, attend and coordinate as needed knowing some nights and weekends could be required.
- Working with SVP and VP of Asset Operations, own and grow S&A Management larger portfolio brand strategy, ensure brand consistency and S&A brand integration as planned, and manage roll out and adoption of S&A “Collection” across the portfolio.
- Oversight of property websites including regular content audit, functionality and related troubleshooting, Yardi and Rent Café integration, maintenance, hosting, updates, replatforming or new development as needed.
- Develop & project manage delivery of digital assets and collateral materials, communication pieces, promotional materials, and presentations as requested.
- Manage third-party agencies as needed, including for website development and reporting.
- Manage SEO/SEM consultant, related digital and web advertising, and audit performance to ensure data, spend and channels are achieving intended clicks, quality leads for leasing, tours, and intended results.
- Serve as primary contact for all ILS (internet listing services) and PPC campaigns, including geofencing, to maximize visibility, searchability, and clicks – managing to an expected ROI.
- Manage Google My Business as a platform for business and reach, overseeing optimization and updating with fresh content, working with teams and Communications Coordinator on timely responses.
- Identify, research, define, and launch cutting-edge technology and programs to increase performance and minimize marketing expenses.
- Report monthly and annually as required on social/digital/promotional KPIs, special project goals, and annual plan with teams, ownership, and executives.
- This role will use both the left and right brain – shifting from customer reach metrics to event planning and everything in between.
- Project and vendor management across complex projects and hurdles.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Budget management and reconciliation.
- Self-starter and results seeker.
- Data synthesis of KPIs and thorough understanding of Search Engine Marketing, Google as a platform for business (including Google Analytics), geofencing.
- Must be an energy-giver and find a thrill in conceptualizing ideas that no one else could.
- You have at least 6 years of experience in residential marketing.
- You are genuinely excited to absorb and embrace the spirit of the Samuels & Associates brand
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines while keeping a professional demeanor.
- Strong skills in analysis, critical thinking, problem-solving.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, proactive.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.