The Licensed Electrician will perform electrical maintenance and repairs to the building’s interior and exterior on a regular 40hr a week schedule with overtime needed for emergency issues or for systems related to your job description. Other facilities’ maintenance will be required outside your specific job description or license.
- Help management with reviewing construction drawings and documents.
- Help Chief Engineer with yearly budget pricing and RFP process for building-related systems.
- Wear the properly supplied uniform anytime onsite.
- Understanding and monitoring the building utility platform.
- Knowledge and understanding of the electrical backbone of the building including all electrical substations, emergency power, low voltage, telephone, and utility metering.
- Understand Building Engines work order system for updating PM’s and work orders.
- Good computer skills.
- Ordering and Keeping a proper supply of parts and tools onsite to complete the job with approval from the Chief Engineer.
- Responsible for keeping electrical rooms and tel/data rooms clean and up to code.
- Maintain and operate the building Lighting controls and schedules.
- Perform electrical repairs safely and responsibly per the MA electrical code.
- Responsible for managing your own work orders and creating work orders as they are found while in the building.
- Perform other maintenance-related tasks not associated with your specific license or job description.
- Maintain any necessary licenses or certifications which may apply to your job.
- Cross-training from different properties will be required depending on the property needs.
- Always exhibit professional conduct on the job.
- Perform Monthly test and inspection of all base building emergency generators.
- Maintain and update emergency generator spreadsheet or through building work order system.
- Provide support with Fire Alarm systems and specific Fire Alarm projects that may occur.
- Work with proper PPE when necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5- years experience.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- At least 18 years old.
- Possess a current driver’s license.
Certifications and licenses:
- MA Journeyman Electrical License
Knowledge, skills, and maintenance:
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of electrical systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive team attitude
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Generator Company
- Work with this vendor to complete all generator maintenance per our yearly contract.
- Electrical testing Company
- Work with this vendor to complete onsite energized and de-energized testing as part of our yearly contract.
- Fire Alarm/Electric Company
- Work with this vendor to complete quarterly FA testing in the building and any electrical issues or shutdowns needed.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk long distances to cover the property portfolio.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able and willing to respond to any after-hours emergencies, including being on-call/rotation of on-call duties.
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends.
- Ability to effectively communicate and respond to customer needs.