Samuels & Associates
Samuels & Associates is a mixed-use real estate developer, owner and manager. In its residential division, Samuels & Associates manages over 1,000 high-end, luxury apartments. The Residential Leasing Manager position is primarily responsible for leasing apartments and securing renewals at the highest possible rent, as quickly as possible and creating a positive customer service experience.
- Ability to work efficiently with a wide variety of individuals, attention to detail, and the ability to manage priorities and daily expectations effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor rates daily to understand how property is performing to competitors within the market. This will be achieved by conducting weekly competitive market research. Suggest increases or decreases based off observations while meeting with customers or during market research. Monitor rates to insure you are performing in line with budget.
- Take scheduled and “walk-in” customers on tours of the building, using customer-centered selling to lease them available apartments.
- Serve as main point of contact for customers contacting or visiting the Leasing Office for apartment information.
- Establish warm and inviting relationship with customers and showcase our high-end apartment building.
- Obtain and maintain customer contact information to insure constant and consistent follow-up until the customer has leased an apartment.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills to close each sale and obtain required deposit with rental application.
- Prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and explain all lease documents to new and existing residents.
- Responsible for or insure that customer applications are complete, all background checks, deposits, and lease paperwork is completed in accordance with all legal requirements and company policy.
- Assisting Residents with the move-in or move-out process.
- Establish achievable and realistic leasing goals for team to insure leasing activity is in line with budget. Monitor progress and understand when further assistance is needed to promote leasing activity when veering off budget.
- Conduct regular sales meetings with team to establish leasing and renewal goals, monitor sales progress, review outreach marketing efforts and closing ratios, and assess advertising and marketing strategy effectiveness. These meetings will grow in importance when not performing to budget and will be an opportunity to create strong marketing action plans.
- Conduct regular check ins with current residents to promote long term residency.
- Monitor and evaluate renewal offers and insure renewal rates being delivered are in line with market and budget. Monitor lease expirations and suggest varied lease terms to be in line with expiration profile.
- Develop and implement short and long-range marketing plans and innovative, state-of-the-art marketing strategies by using various Internet web sites (ILS) for outreach marketing efforts, and creating cost-effective advertising strategies, resident referral programs, and other initiatives that generate qualified traffic to achieve or exceed sales goals.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all marketing web sites with accurate and up-to-date information and inventory.
- Responsible for generating and maintaining all marketing materials for the building and apartments to insure availability always.
- Maintain marketing materials, tour routes, Amenity Spaces and vacant apartments to insure perfect presentation for tours.
- Have customer-focused and highly informational written and verbal sales communication.
- Walk vacant leased and un-leased apartments for quality control standards.
- Take ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can).
- Mentor and assist with the training of new Leasing Consultants.
- Assisting Team Members with special projects.
- Assisting Maintenance/Service Team with special projects or daily tasks.
- Serve as Service Champion and participate in the Service Excellence program as well as serve as a peer mentor and trainer of leasing associates throughout the portfolio.
Note: These are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of sales experience in retail, hospitality or multi-family environment. Multi-family experience strongly preferred.
- Great people skills.
- Warm, friendly, engaging and inviting personality.
- Excellent with phone, written and in-person sales techniques.
- Strong sense of accountability – insure what is promised is completed.
- Appearance and demeanor appropriate for high end properties and customers.
- Self-motivated, proactive and hard-working.
- High energy and commitment to high performance in a busy, multi-task and fast-paced working environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to team goals and a harmonious work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Yardi/MRI or other property management programs a plus.
As a Samuels & Associates team member, you represent Samuels & Associates. While you are on the job, Samuels & Associates Residential expects you to wear clothing and accessories that are appropriate in a professional business environment. If a uniform is required at the property, you are expected to wear it.