Samuels & Associates is a mixed-use Real Estate developer, owners, and manager. In its Residential division, Samuels & Associates managers over 1,000 high-end luxury apartments. The Residential Leasing Consultant – Lease Up must be highly motivated and primarily responsible for leasing apartments at a newly delivered community at the highest possible rent, as quickly as possible while creating a positive customer service experience and performing a variety of administrative functions. Ability to work weekends (with alternative days off during the week) is necessary.
Reports to: General Manager
- Primary point of contact for leasing inquiries in person, by phone, and by email
- Follow up with all prospective residents who have not yet leased
- Build relationships with residents and resolve issues or concerns, communicating to management when applicable
- Follow up with pending renewal offers and present negotiations and properly communicate to applicants on the result of their applications
- Utilizing Rent Café to communicate with residents any events, maintenance, policies, etc.
- Primary point of contact for amenity space, guest suite, and elevator bookings
- Monitor advertising effectiveness including ILS feeds
- Ensure all appropriate payments are received and paperwork is compiled on or prior to the lease start date
- Effectively launch a new S&A managed property by proactively leasing available apartments prior to delivery of certificate of occupancy and throughout the lease up period.
- Monitor targeted proforma budget goals to ensure a proper lease up and stabilization of property.
- Implement and marketing and leasing efforts, maintain and utilize up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties to achieve targeted revenue and budgeted occupancy goals.
- Conduct tours of the property to prospective residents demonstrating the community and apartments; apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating features and benefits
- Collaborate with Service Manager on Make Ready Schedule
- Collect and record accurate information for each prospective resident from the initial inquiry throughout the resident’s lease term.
- Ensure apartments are ready for move-in and fully turned with keys made
- Deliver renewal offers to residents and file letters
- Complete renewal paperwork to deliver to resident and update tracker in Yardi
- Complete all required reporting including monthly update undergraduate tracker, renovation tracker & demographics, weekly update renewal trackers, weekly Leasing Report and Weekly Market Survey Report and any additional reports required during the Lease Up period.
- College degree preferred
- Real Estate of business-related course of study preferred
- Sales experience and or/ real estate leasing required
- Property management and leasing experience is essential, lease up experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and explain legal documents (i.e., leases and addenda).
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills necessary
- Experience with Yardi, YieldStar, and LevelOne is preferred
- Ability to interpret, evaluate, and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to other accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence, or other forms of communication
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.