Samuels & Associates is a mixed-use Real Estate developer, owner and manager. In its Residential division, Samuels & Associates manages over 1,000 high-end, luxury apartments. The Residential Leasing Manager position and is primarily responsible for leasing apartments and securing renewals at the highest possible rent, as quickly as possible and creating a positive customer service experience and performing a variety of administrative functions. The Leasing Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Ability to work efficiently with a wide variety of individuals, attention to detail, and the ability to manage priorities and daily expectations effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor rates daily to understand how property is performing to competitors within the market. This will be achieved by conducting weekly competitive market research. Suggest increases or decreases based off observations while meeting with customers or during market research. Monitor rates to insure you are performing in line with budget
- Take scheduled and “walk-in” customers on tours of the building, using customer-centered selling to lease them available apartments.
- Serve as main point of contact for customers contacting or visiting the Leasing Office for apartment information.
- Establish warm and inviting relationship with customers and showcase our high-end apartment building.
- Obtain and maintain customer contact information to insure constant and consistent follow-up until the customer has leased an apartment.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills to close each sale and obtain required deposit with rental application.
- Prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and explain all lease documents to new and existing residents.
- Responsible for or insure that customer applications are complete, all background checks, deposits, and lease paperwork is completed in accordance with all legal requirements and company policy.
- Assisting Residents with the move-in or move-out process and any resident issues or concerns.
- Responsible for the collection of all rent/fee payments from both current and previous residents.
- Makes daily community deposits in regard to rent collections and any other miscellaneous income.
- Processes all community invoices. Assists in monitoring and recording paid invoices into various administrative logbooks.
- Distributes non-payment notices to all delinquent residents and completes follow-up activity in regards to non-payment of rent or eviction proceedings.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of state laws in regard to collection of delinquent accounts.
- Prepare preliminary account reviews for those residents on notice.
- Warmly greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while providing features and benefits.
- Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly, whether prospect call, resident issue, service request, etc.
- Organize and file all applicable reports, leases and paperwork.
- Inputs daily all resident information in relation to walk-in traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc. Maintains all current and previous resident files.
- Assists the GM in ensuring that all leases and addenda are completed accurately in regards to addresses, names, rates, etc.
- Ability to understand and explain legal documents (i.e. leases and addenda). Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums.
- Understands and applies principles of Fair Housing.
- Conduct regular check ins with current residents to promote long term residency.
- Monitor and evaluate renewal offers and ensure renewal rates being delivered are in line with market and budget. Monitor lease expirations and suggest varied lease terms to be in line with expiration profile.
- Develop and implement short and long-range marketing plans and innovative, state-of-the-art marketing strategies by using various Internet web sites (ILS) for outreach marketing efforts, and creating cost-effective advertising strategies, resident referral programs, and other initiatives that generate qualified traffic to achieve or exceed sales goals.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all marketing web sites with accurate and up-to-date information and inventory.
- Responsible for generating and maintaining all marketing materials for the building and apartments to insure availability always.
- Maintain marketing materials, tour routes, Amenity Spaces and vacant apartments to ensure perfect presentation for tours.
- Walk vacant leased and un-leased apartments for quality control standards.
- Take ownership to personally resolve customer problems
- Assisting Maintenance/Service Team with special projects or daily tasks.
- Serve as Service Champion and participate in the Service Excellence program.
Note: These are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities.