Samuels & Associates is a mixed-use Real Estate developer, owners, and manager. In its Residential division, Samuels & Associates managers over 1,000 high-end luxury apartments. The Residential Leasing Consultant – Lease Up must be highly motivated and primarily responsible for leasing apartments at a newly delivered community at the highest possible rent, as quickly as possible while creating a positive customer service experience and performing a variety of administrative functions.
Reports to: General Manager
- Primary point of contact for leasing inquiries in person, by phone, and by email
- Follow up with all prospective residents who have not yet leased
- Build relationships with residents and resolve issues or concerns, communicating to management when applicable
- Follow up with pending renewal offers and present negotiations and properly communicate to applicants on the result of their applications
- Utilizing Rent Café to communicate with residents any events, maintenance, policies, etc.
- Primary point of contact for amenity space, guest suite, and elevator bookings
- Monitor advertising effectiveness including ILS feeds
- Ensure all appropriate payments are received and paperwork is compiled on or prior to the lease start date
- Work with Leasing Manager and General Manager to successfully launch a new S&A managed property by proactively leasing available apartments prior to delivery of certificate of occupancy and throughout the lease up period.
- Follow all leasing goals to ensure a proper lease up and stabilization of property.
- Follow all marketing and leasing efforts, maintain, and utilize up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties to achieve targeted revenue and budgeted occupancy goals.
- Conduct tours of the property to prospective residents demonstrating the community and apartments; apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating features and benefits
- Collaborate with Leasing Manager and Service Manager on Make Ready Schedule
- Collect and record accurate information for each prospective resident from the initial inquiry throughout the resident’s lease term.
- Ensure apartments are ready for move-in and fully turned with keys made
- Deliver renewal offers to residents and file letters
- Complete renewal paperwork to deliver to resident and update tracker in Yardi
- Assist with or complete any required reporting including monthly update undergraduate tracker, renovation tracker & demographics, weekly update renewal trackers, weekly Leasing Report and Weekly Market Survey Report and any additional reports required during the Lease Up period.
Ability to work weekends (with alternative days off during the week) is necessary.
- College degree preferred
- Real Estate of business-related course of study preferred
- Sales experience and or/ real estate leasing required
- Property management and leasing experience is essential, lease up experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and explain legal documents (i.e., leases and addenda).
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills necessary
- Experience with Yardi, YieldStar, and LevelOne is preferred
- Ability to interpret, evaluate, and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to other accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence, or other forms of communication
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.