Hotel Valet Attendant (AM/PM)
The Verb Hotel
Make an exceptional impression by engaging with our guests and customers in a positive and friendly manner all while upholding the “Verb Vibe” and providing safe and efficient service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Audit lot and complete nightly walkthroughs – make sure premises is secure.
- Assist front desk with possible security need in a safe manner.
- Maintain organization at operation – keep track of keys and vehicles within the lot, close out previous day and print out nightly audit reports.
- Communicate any potential issues to Overnight Supervisor/Overnight Manager.
- Greet ALL hotel guests immediately with a friendly upbeat welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information to all guests and associates. Present guest with accurate parking information and assist with check in process.
- Go above and beyond guest expectations by responding promptly to all guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using LEARN model (Listen, Empathy, Apologize, React, Notify). Please check with your manager on empowerment guidelines.
- Operate vehicles in a safe and timely manner and minimize potential for accidents.
- Maintain organization at operation – keep track of keys and vehicles within the lot.
- Follow through with lead measures to achieve valet and hotel goals with Trip advisor and Travel click.
- Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using Verb Vibe standards.
- Assist guest with luggage to and from their room which may require lifting.
- Help facilitate transition of shifts – passing on any information needed to the attendant taking over duties.
- Keep safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guest and other employees.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and parking lots.
- Comply with attendance rules.
- Neatly groomed and in VPNE/Verb approved uniform.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assist with any hotel or front desk personnel needs.
- Familiarity with The Verb history, music celebrations and amenities throughout the hotel to promote the authentic rock and roll experience.
- Actively involved in any hotel promotions such as handing over play lists, bus tours.
- Attend training sessions and monthly meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Friendly and outgoing
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Possess an upbeat personality, willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to safely operate vehicles, pass a driving test on a manual transmission vehicle.
- Ability to stand up to 8hrs per shift and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move quickly and organize cars efficiently.
- Be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license in state of residency.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
- Clean driving record.