Hotel Sales Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: To develop and solicit corporate business and local accounts to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager
- Meet or exceed quarterly booking goals. Qualify group business leads, sign and secure group contracts.
- Ensure deposit payments are collected by due date. Collect attrition and cancellation fees.
- Prospect new accounts in Fenway and direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.Host prospects on property for site visits.
- Re-solicit past groups and LNR accounts for repeat business and increased penetration.
- Conduct training programs regularly and adhere to hotel standards of measuring associate performance. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement. Ensure project deadlines are met.Set goals with Assistant General Manager and measure progress.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of data and reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department for Asset Managers, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and Revenue Management teams. Reports include but are not limited to: Weekly Pace Report, Weekly Pickup Report, LNR Booking Report, and Sales Meeting minutes. Ensure accurate information is recorded in Lead Management and Property Management Systems.
- Manage cut-off dates and coordinate room blocks with Revenue Management weekly. Respond to all solicitations in one business day.
- Collaborate with the Assistant General Manager to coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Attend Weekly Leadership Meetings to present Group Resumes and updated metrics on production towards goals.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote programs across hotel departments to generate awareness.
- Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Support the preparation of annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Perform occasional MOD shifts with Operations team.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ideal candidate has knowledge of sales, travel industry, and local market.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations and phone calls. Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using computer systems, including Microsoft Office, SalesPro, and RoomMaster.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Samuels & Associates staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Samuels & Associates employee is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Samuels & Associates. Every employee should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.