Hotel Front Desk Agent
The Verb Hotel
Join a top 10 hotel in Boston! The Verb Hotel is #10 on Trip Advisor and we’re looking for high performing leaders who are: exceptional in providing customer service, highly responsible, and act as team players.
You will uphold the “Verb Vibe” brand standards to create a unique guest experience that will maximize profits and build guest loyalty.
- Full Time (Part-time also available)
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly upbeat welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information to all guests and associates.
- Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the property management system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote The Verb marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs and reservation details. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome speech and issue room keys, certificates, coupons and other handouts as appropriate per the reservation.
- Verify and swipe cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the property management system.
- Close out guest accounts at time of check out by verifying payment information. Provide guest with folio information and check out details. In the event of dissatisfaction resolve the issue by taking ownership and providing solutions.
- Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using Verb Vibe standards.
- Assist guest with luggage to and from their room which may require lifting.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to other staff. Input messages into property management system. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve and organize mail, small packages, and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Follow up on all guest requests to ensure timely completion, to include lost and found items, special requests, etc.
- Accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guest and other employees.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and public space.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work a full time shift on a regular basis for various shifts.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Experience in hospitality/working at a Front Desk required.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help coworkers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, and continuously perform behind the front desk.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.