Hotel Front Desk Manager
The Verb Hotel
Oversee and manage front desk team to consistently perform and improve the Uniquely Amplified Experience for all our guests, associates and vendors to create exceptional memories that makes each feel like “Rock Stars” and wanting to return to the Verb.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Managing front desk operations in keeping with SOPs. The focus is to improve quality and quantity of performance.
- Oversee front desk financial operations and reconcile front desk checkbook to ensure the department is aligned with financial expectations.
- Conducting front desk associate performance evaluations with coaching and counseling, have monthly one on one with each associate to focus on team member development plans.
- Conduct monthly front desk departmental meeting and attend weekly leadership meeting to focus on hotel scoreboard and goals.
- Oversee front desk weekly commitments and action plans to track associate’s progress.
- Review accuracy of front desk associates’ timecard to ensure payroll is aligned with published schedule.
- Implement and update front desk SOP’s to ensure front desk operations are managed up to company policies and standard.
- Being in charge of creating front desk schedules to have adequate coverage at all times based on the business demands.
- Function as Manager on duty to supervise the daily operations of the hotel, resolve any guest, associate issues and conduct complete property walkthroughs.
- Posting front desk positions, screening and interviewing candidates.
- Orientation and training of new producers to include weekly one-on-one meetings to assist with professional developments.
- Provide training and coach team to ensure the high level of customer service, stay on the top of guest’s experience and resolve any guest issues.
- Complete weekly service audits and guest room sound checks.
- Respond to TravelClick guest comments and track TravelClick department score, motivate associate to get name recognition.
- Coordinate and oversee breakfast operations which includes updating breakfast SOPs, monitoring inventory, purchasing breakfast items. Ensuring breakfast attendants are trained and compliant with food and safety regulations.
- Monitor and record swimming pool readings and ensure that Covid-19 guidelines are followed.
- Increasing guest satisfaction scores by capturing guest preferences for artists, genre, favorite bands and delivering preferred vinyl at check-in.
- Providing a uniquely amplified experience through fun and caring service by listening to understand and empathizing with guest needs.
- The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to our team. Every associate should adhere to hotel security and safety policies and procedures, particularly regarding, cleanliness, key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
- Receiving personal recognition on TripAdvisor and TravelClick guest surveys by following all 4 Levels of Service Excellence
- One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction using the SERVICE model (Smile, Enthusiastic, Recognize, Voice, Inform, Care, Engagement). It is essential that you always remain poised, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a Samuels representative and Fenway ambassador, every working minute of every day.
- Creating an exceptional first impression. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information to all guests and associates.
- Promptly complete the check-in process by inputting and retrieving information from the property management system, confirming all pertinent reservation information including but not limited to length of nights, room balances, number of travelers, contact information, amenities etc. Inform of any rules and or regulations relevant to their stay such as smoking areas, pool rules, room capacities etc. Promote the Verb marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs and reservation details. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate.
- Accurately verify and swipe cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handle cash make change, balance, and audit an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the property management system. Cash Handling refer to the checklist, SOPs.
- Answer the phone promptly, two rings or less. Return calls if message is left in two hours or less. Respond to email guest requests in 24 hours or less. Personal email 24 hours or less unless out of office message is on.
- Go above and beyond guest expectations by responding promptly to all guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using LEARN model (Listen, Empathy, Apologize, React, Notify). Please check with your manager on empowerment guidelines.
- Promote the unique artifacts, building history and music celebrations to create an Authentic Rock and Roll Experience.
- Close out guest accounts at time of check out by verifying payment information. Provide guest with folio information and check out details. In the event of dissatisfaction resolve the issue by making empowered decisions and providing solutions.
Additional Job Functions
- Monitor Third Party sites, provide monthly reconciliation to ensure the accuracy of hotel revenue and balance inventory to promote sell-out.
- Keep the Verb Record Library current and updated by purchasing, maintaining, and replacing records as needed. Required monthly inventory on record to inspect for lost, damaged or mismatched records.
- Increasing direct booking by promoting discounted and promotional rate at the time of guest departure and capture rebooking.
- Availability and ability to run overnight shifts are required.
- In charge of Front Desk Scoreboard (TripAdvisor and TravelClick) and follow through on Lead Measures to help achieve Front Desk goals.
- Complete Pre-Arrival calls/emails to confirm room type, parking and music preferences. Review of COVID19 Protocols and current guidelines. To make sure correct form of payment is obtained.
- Assist guest with luggage to and from their room which may require lifting.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear accurate direction to other staff. Input messages into property management system. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve and organize mail, small packages, and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Follow up on all guest requests to ensure timely completion, to include lost and found items, housekeeping requests, maintenance issues, special requests, etc.
- Assist in setting up guest amenities, special packages or celebrating requests.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guests and other employees.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness of work area and public space. Restock supplies as needed including lobby, restrooms, and pool area. Specifically, the back front desk office.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work a full-time shift on a regular basis for various shifts (day, evening and weekend shifts based on hotel needs).
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help coworkers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, empathy, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, and continuously perform behind the front desk.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- Ability to provide high-performance under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate business needs and proactively implement strategy.
- Ability to prioritize based on business demand.
- Ability to lead multiple associates and create synergy between multiple departments.
- Ability to develop, coach and counsel team members and promote continuous growth through development plans.
- Ability to make sound business decisions that result in a win-win outcome.
- Any related certification(s)(CPO, Food Handling Certificate, OSHA 10, CPR) is a plus.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with all associates. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a Samuels and Associates ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to out team. Every associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.