Front Desk Manager
The Verb Hotel
Supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk and Overnight Audit Staff. Provide guidance and leadership to the Rooms Division, ensuring consistent compliance with hotel policies, and quality guest service while maximizing departmental profits. Indirectly offers supervision for the entire hotel as well as making policies and developing plans for carrying out work programs. Acts as General Manager or Assistant General Manager in their absence, as requested.
- Full Time
- Interview, train, evaluate associate performance quarterly, resolve associate challenges, provide open communication and recommend discipline. Hold associates accountable to performance standards by setting clear expectations and sharing feedback with individuals regarding their progress or shortfalls.
- Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk to comply with service standards. Supervisor will audit Front Desk Producers, maximize revenues with upselling and collecting prompt payment for guest services within cancellation policy, and ensure the team carries out daily Band on the Run activities and events.
- Monitor daily cash handling, posting, adjustments, vouchers, and other forms of payment to ensure they are being implemented according to company policy.
- Inspire associates to take the lead through active training, inspecting and coaching. Assist in the inspection of desk check-ins/outs, cleaned guest rooms, public areas, back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Master the property management system to assist in Front Desk check-ins, check-outs, room balancing and other daily activities for proper flow of operations. Master the Standard Operating Procedures of Front Desk activity to ensure privacy, safety, and emergency protocols are updated and communicated to associates.
- Recommend and monitor incentive program measurements and payouts to boost performance results, tracking scoreboards for leads.
- Create weekly schedule, consistent to Standard Operating Procedure, and measure weekly wages against budget for Front Desk. Assign and instruct Rooms Department Leaders in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
- Adhere to budget for Rooms Department to ensure proper spending each month for supplies and wages. Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: IT, Front Office, Laundry, Concierge and Guest Services.
- Receive and respond fully to non-conformance issues reported from guests and associates. Share empowerment guidelines and techniques to associates to promote ownership of guest issues. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Communicate over email and telephone to provide clear direction to associates across departments. Inspect for quality notes in Daily Recap. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest, resolving and closing guest issues promptly. Retrieve and organize mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Supervise assignments of hotel master keys according to company policy.
- Capture TripAdvisor responses, reply online, communicate with guests.
- Review Daily Recap and security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guest and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and public space.
- Requires standing and continual mobility throughout front office area.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work a full time shift on a regular basis for various shifts.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Four year Degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Experience in hospitality, leading team to achieve results, recommending discipline, as well as highly reliable and responsible with deadlines and priorities.
- Computer skills, computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning, demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with all associates. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a Samuels and Associates ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to out team. Every associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.