Front Desk Agent – Producer
Front Desk Agent – Producer
Vision: The Authentic Rock and Roll Experience
Mission: Our Band Produces a Uniquely Amplified Experience through Genuine, Fun and Caring Service that makes Our Guests Feel Like Rock Stars
JOB OVERVIEW: Consistently perform and improve the Uniquely Amplified Service Experience to all our guests, associates and vendors to create exceptional memories that makes each feel like “Rock Stars “and wanting to return to the Verb.
WILDLY IMPORTANT GOAL: To increase TripAdvisor traveler rankings for customer service by providing excellent service that inspires the guests to personally recognize your performance frequently (once a week).
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Manager/ Front Desk Supervisor
- Providing a uniquely amplified experience through fun and caring service by listening to understand and empathizing with guest needs.
- The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to our team. Every associate should adhere to hotel security and safety policies and procedures, particularly regarding, cleanliness, key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
- Receiving personal recognition on TripAdvisor and TravelClick guest surveys by following all 4 Levels of Service Excellence.
- Complete Pre-Arrival calls or notification to confirm room type, parking and music preferences. Review of COVID19 Protocols and current guidelines. Please make sure that credit has been established.
- One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction using the SERVICE model (Smile, Enthusiastic, Recognize, Voice, Inform, Care, Engagement). It is essential that you always remain poised, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a Samuels representative and Fenway ambassador, every working minute of every day.
- Creating an exceptional first impression Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information to all guests and associates.
- Review “House Rules” with all registered guests and their party and get a verbal commitment that they are willing to follow these during their stay.
- Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the property management system, confirming all pertinent reservation information including but not limited to length of nights, room balances, number of travelers, etc. Promote the Verb marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs and reservation details. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate.
- Promote the unique artifacts, building history and music celebrations to create an Authentic Rock and Roll Experience.
- Confirm email address, music preferences and introduce them to “Returning Rock Star Rate”.
- Perform welcome speech and issue backstage passes (room keys), welcoming theme to the music theme of the day.
- Accurately verify and swipe cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handle cash make change, balance, and audit an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the property management system.
- Answer the phone promptly, two rings or less. Return calls if message is left in two hours or less. Respond to email guest requests in 24 hours or less. Personal email 24 hours or less unless out of office message is on.
- Go above and beyond guest expectations by responding promptly to all guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using LEARN model (Listen, Empathy, Apologize, React, Notify). Please check with your manager on empowerment guidelines.
- Close out guest accounts at time of check out by verifying payment information. Provide guest with folio information and check out details. In the event of dissatisfaction resolve the issue by making empowered decisions and providing solutions.
- Thank each guest for choosing the Verb and ask them if you can rebook next stay. Remind them of returning Rock Star Rate.
- Familiarity of Front Desk Scoreboard (TripAdvisor and Travelclick) and follow through on Lead Measures to help achieve Front Desk goals.
- Assist guest with luggage to and from their room which may require lifting.
- Promptly answer the telephone using a positive and clear voice. Respond to voicemails and emails in a timely manner using accurate and positive communication.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear accurate direction to other staff. Input messages into property management system. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve and organize mail, small packages, and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Monitor guests to ensure compliance with hotel policies specifically House Rules and Covid19 Guidelines.
- Monitor third party inventory to make sure hotel is not oversold.
- Follow up on all guest requests to ensure timely completion, to include lost and found items, housekeeping requests, maintenance issues, special requests, etc.
- Assist in setting up guest amenities, special packages or celebrating requests.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guests and other employees.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness of work area and public space. Restock supplies as needed including lobby, restrooms, and pool area. Specifically the back office.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work a full-time shift on a regular basis for various shifts (day, evening and weekend shifts based on hotel needs).
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help coworkers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to empower themselves to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, empathy, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, and continuously perform behind the front desk.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
- Any related certification(s) is a plus.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS (Performance evals):
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something. In this position you are expected to:
Provide genuine fun and caring service to all.
Proactively communicates concisely the most impactful information.
Make empowered decisions to the benefit of guests and the hotel.
Be a hard-working individual while holding oneself accountable.
Have professional competency in Hotel systems and procedures.
Can lead and manage others in an effective way.
Take initiative and the ability to self-motivate.
Hold themselves with a high sense of integrity and promote team spirit.
Can act on essential and important procedures and lead measures.
Helps achieve Hotel’s Wildly Important Goals.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.