Job Title: Financial Analyst
Samuels & Associates (S&A) is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have strong communication skills and be an analytical thinker with a proven track record of problem-solving. The financial analyst will be an integral member of the team in underwriting the current portfolio as well as future investment opportunities.
Samuels & Associates is an owner, developer, and property manager primarily based in the Boston metropolitan area. Today, S&A owns a portfolio of over 5M+sf of assets including residential, office, retail, and hotel and will have roughly 3M SF of development in the pipeline.
- On-going asset valuations and sensitivity analyses on leasing, refinancing, value-add, and dispositions.
- Maintain Argus models for the entire portfolio. Updates include leasing and complex recovery structures, integration of real-time data from accounting software, and cash flow forecasting.
- Prepare financial performance reports for distribution to investors on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the leasing team by evaluating the financial health of new commercial tenants.
- Ad-hoc real estate analytical analyses to support Asset Management and onsite property management, teams.
Acquisitions and Development
- Perform acquisition analyses in partnership with Acquisitions and Development teams.
- Prepare detailed financial proformas for prospective real estate transactions and perform market analysis, income and expense underwriting, development budgeting, cash flow modeling, and capital structure analysis.
- Maintain proformas for controlled development deals and work with the development team to evaluate the project metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Use, manipulate, and create new financial models for various underwriting activities.
- Perform waterfall analysis for equity and promoted interest structures.
- Work with development and acquisition managers in preparation of Real Estate Committee approval packages and private offering memoranda.
- Heavy involvement in the due diligence process for acquisitions and financing – in place NOI verification, past performance, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2-5 years of real estate analytical experience
- Strong Excel modeling skills are mandatory
- Effective communicator (written & oral) with well-rounded presentation skills
- Must be a quick study with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Experience in the valuation of real estate for purchase or development is a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ARGUS,
- BA/BS in with concentration in Finance, Economics, Real Estate or a related field