Executive Director of Asset Services
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director of Asset Services is to manage the operations of the property, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return on the invested dollars while maintaining the expected exceptional level of customer services and maintenance of the building.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the GM in all aspects of management including financial, operational and communications.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising staff and managing the property in the GM’s absence.
- Assist with all reporting documents and audits as necessary
- Manage direct reports including but not limited to: AGM, Director of Facilities, Director of Marketing and Sr. Property Accountant.
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
- Conduct performance appraisals annually
- Assists the overall team effort through effective leadership.
- Conduct property tours to ensure service and appearance excellence is achieved.
- Respond to emergency situations as required
- Review contracts to ensure the highest services are provided and rates are within market values.
- Review and Approval of invoices
- Review monthly General Ledger and quarterly reports
- Assist in the development of the annual operating budget.
- Manage assigned vendors and 3rd party staff.
- Managing Parking, including but not limited to cleanliness, policy enforcement, crowd control, and impact of construction on tenants.
- Creating and maintaining positive tenant relations, including responding to questions and complaints in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain communication protocols. Including but not limited to: Tenant, construction, building and neighborhood communications.
- Attend all required meetings; ensure action items are recorded and follow-up completed.
- Attends corporate management meetings and training as needed
- Develop standards and procedures for best practices in a commercial building. Implement and update Standard Operating Procedures in managed areas.
- Assist in managing the construction projects happening on-site to ensure they are not impacting the tenant’s experience.
- Create and implement sustainability efforts within the property
- Other tasks pertaining to 401 Park or Samuels & Associates assigned by General Manager or S&A Corporate Office not included in the above
Customer Service Functions
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Advanced situational judgment – ability to know what is needed to satisfy the customer
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can).
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions and checks for agreement with customers.
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner.
- Strong sense of accountability – ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do.
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful, listens.
- Take and maintain ownership of Customer Service situations that are immediately present.
- Follow-up on all situations to verify expectations are met or exceeded.
- Minimum of five years of management experience in either commercial office, Lab or Life Science environments (preferably with on-site experience)
- College Degree required
- Experience with Yardi and Nexus Payables is preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills necessary
- Financial experience, management of people, proven track record of achieving goals, ability to assist with annual budget, HR experience, development of people
- Ability to prioritize wisely and manage timelines
- Experience in improving customer experience
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Computer literacy required
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include Saturdays and/or Sundays as required
- COVID vaccination required.