Engineering Service Technician
The Verb Hotel
Vision: The Authentic Rock and Roll Experience
Mission: Our Band Produces a Uniquely Amplified Experience through Genuine, Fun and Caring Service that makes Our Guests Feel Like Rock Stars
JOB OVERVIEW: Consistently perform and elevate the Uniquely amplified experience to all our guest, associates and vendors by maintaining the guest rooms and property to the highest standards, that would make everyone feel like “ROCK STARS”
WILDLY IMPORTANT GOAL: To Increase Overall Travel Click scores for Engineering department on Grounds Well Maintained and In Room Working Appliances. To ensure all hotel rooms are available to sell every day.
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
- Perform Daily Routine Tasks such as changing the marquee, daily property safety walkthroughs.
- Follow up on COVID-19 protocols.
- Be able to create a daily plan based on service calls, daily tasks, monthly maintenance routines and hotel projects.
- Monitor HVAC machinery daily.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Go above and beyond guest expectations by responding promptly to all guest’s special requests, needs, challenges, and concerns using LEARN model (Listen, Empathy, Apologize, React, Notify). Train with your manager on empowerment guidelines.
- Communicate with hotel department leaders to become fully aware of hotel maintenance needs and ensure timely response to all internal requests.
- Service the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” (Landscaping Installation and care, outdoor painting, masonry repairs, snow removal as needed, etc).
- Perform minor electrical and plumbing – lights, aerators, toilets. Minor appliances – light bulbs, body parts.
- Perform minor heating system maintenance (proper certification may be required for some repairs) filters only.
- Maintain cleanliness of stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, walls, tile flooring and repair those if needed.
- Perform painting and caulking in bathrooms, guest rooms and hallways.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Program and installation of guest door locks
Additional Job Functions:
- Be familiar with Engineering scoreboards TravelClick and Trip advisor), assist Service Manager with Engineering lead measures to help achieve department goals.
- Assist Guest with Luggage (when required and upon availability).
- Maintain working and office area clean.
- Repair TVs as needed.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guests and other employees.
- Build an excellent relationship with vendors and assist them when needed.
- Familiarity with 4 disciplines of execution, 7 Habits and Gung Ho.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Help other Samuel’s properties upon request and availability.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance, ability to lift 50lbs, must be willing to work when needed. Must be able to empower himself to grow within Samuel’s & Associates.
- Painting Background
- Landscape Background
- Be able to communicate in English with coworkers/management
- One year of experience in construction or any related maintenance trade
- Certified Pool Operator
- Basic Plumbing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (outlook, excel, Microsoft word)
- Knowledge of Vision (door lock software)
- Electrician License
- HVAC License
- EPA Certification
- OSHA 10
- CPR Certification
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something. In this position you are expected to:
- Provide genuine fun and caring service to all.
- Proactively communicates concisely the most impactful information.
- Make empowered decisions to the benefit of guests and the hotel.
- Be a hard-working individual while holding oneself accountable.
- Have professional competency in Hotel systems and procedures.
- Take initiative and the ability to self-motivate.
- Hold themselves with a high sense of integrity and promote team spirit.
- Can act on essential and important procedures and lead measures.
- Helps achieve Hotel’s Wildly Important Goals,
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.