Client Services Manager
Job Title: Client Services Manager
Reports to: General Manager & Assistant General Manager
Assist Property Management with the day to day operations, tenant relations, and accounting for assigned property or portfolio through the coordination of tenant requests and administration of maintenance services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Assist Property Management in promoting, establishing and maintaining positive relations with the tenants and residents with the day-to-day operations of the property.
- Create purchase orders, code and process vendor invoices utilizing required expense allocations and ensuring vendors are billing according to contracts, negotiated rates and property budgets.
- Responsible for diligently reviewing invoices and proactively reaching out to vendors to review questionable or inaccurate billings.
- Manage and track sustainability statistics for the portfolio to include waste diversion, electrical consumption and water consumption.
- Answer and route phone calls and emails from tenants and vendors to the appropriate contact within Property Management and/or dispatch personnel based on immediate needs.
- Provide tenants and vendors with assistance in all aspects of scheduling building maintenance, communicating building procedures and supplying general building information.
- Notify Property Management of repeat tenant complaints or unusual and/or unreasonable situations.
- Provide high quality of customer service and take an active role in the tenant retention program.
- Update and maintain current daily and emergency tenant contact lists and tenant information manuals.
- Coordinate for and provide tenants with holiday and special event notifications such as welcome breakfasts, recycling audits/promotional recycling events, bicycle safety events, blood drives, ice cream socials, etc.
- Provide support to Property Management by producing, modifying and /or distributing various forms, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, and miscellaneous deliverables.
- Work with the certificate of insurance management company, to ensure compliant insurance certificates are on file for all contractors performing work at the properties.
- Manage new vendor set ups.
- Execute prompt, accurate billing of tenant work orders for billable services on monthly basis, Assist in the maintenance of an organized updated manual and electronic filing system for all properties, invoices, purchase orders, vendors, invoices, tenant work order billings and other general files.
- Assist with the scheduling of contractor work (ex: window washing) and coordinate with tenants.
- Contribute toward overall office operational needs by helping to provide phone coverage during lunchtime, vacation, sick days, etc., as well as providing administrative support related to maintaining property management operations as necessary.
- Assist Property Management with gathering and inputting data in property budgets.
- Assist in-house leasing team as necessary especially in high leasing season.
- Warmly greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while providing features and benefits.
- Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly, whether prospect call, resident issue, service request, etc.
- Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification, and notify prospective resident of results.
- Organize and file all applicable reports, leases and paperwork.
- Inputs daily all resident information in relation to walk-in traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc. Maintains all current and previous resident files.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. BA/BS preferred.
- 2-5 years of previous customer service experience preferred. Prior administrative experience and experience in property and real estate management highly desirable.
- Proven customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen, think clearly and to communicate effectively and courteously in challenging and sometimes stressful situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to determine needs and achieve results without close supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs to include Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, and set priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Consistently projects professionalism in representing Samuels & Associates at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work beyond the regular work schedule.
Customer Service Requirements
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can).
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner.
- Strong sense of accountability – ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do.
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful, listens.