The Area Manager provides leadership, direction, and support to multiple property operations teams to facilitate the effective management of multifamily and mixed-use properties and deliver superior customer service while maximizing the value of the asset. He or she will work collaboratively to develop the long-term strategy, annual business plans, and operating budget.
- Partner effectively with Leasing, Engineering and Construction Management as a senior member of the team.
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with the core values and culture of Samuels & Associates.
- Oversee daily site operations, contracted services, support personnel, and building engineers.
- Managing the financial performance of the property
- Creating and delivering timely and accurate financial and operational reports to clients inclusive of monthly/quarterly reporting packages as well as the annual budget and business plans.
- Manages the relationship with JV Partner Asset Manager and Financial Analyst. Holds monthly calls, communicates proactively and manages the day to day relationship.
- Provide oversight for tenant improvements and capital projects. Facilitate the RFP & bidding process, as well as hire & manage architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants for this work.
- Coordinate with the company’s leasing group and outside brokers as required for retail leasing, as applicable.
- Work hand in hand with the company’s Accounting and Asset Management teams ensuring overall financial management of the properties and timely payment of invoices.
- Provide continuous feedback to the property operations team to assist in their development.
- Assist in solving problems, including employee relations, tenant service issues, and building operational issues.
- Train and coach associates to follow corporate policies, procedures, and operating goals through the guidance of SOPs
- Develop strategic relationships with key tenant decision-makers. Attend meetings with targeted customers to assess satisfaction and identify areas for service improvement and leasing opportunity.
- Coach, mentor and motivate employees to ensure optimal performance and support them in their career development. Through constructive feedback, earn respect and cooperation from the leasing and service team.
- Works closely with the regional manager in all aspects of management including administrative and financial duties in addition to team development.
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on a regular basis. Offers recommendations to management regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Familiarizes one’s self with all aspects of maintenance.
- Responsible for overseeing the accounts receivable in accordance with State laws. Ensuring proper notices and legal documents are delivered appropriately.
- Oversees processing all community invoices. Assists in monitoring and recording paid invoices into various administrative logbooks.
- Warmly greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while providing features and benefits.
- Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly, whether prospect call, resident issue, service request, etc.
- Understands and applies principles of Fair Housing.
- Responsible for overseeing leasing activity within the properties from an initial phone call, to tour, to the application process and file audits.
- Ability to understand and explain legal documents (i.e. leases and addenda). Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums.
- Oversee the management of YieldStar rent recommendations based on market knowledge, building attributes, and individual apartment features and amenities.
- Oversees the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions regarding promotions, advertisements, rate increases, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the market and competitive properties.
- Strategically manage renewals of existing residents and tenants.
- Assists the overall team effort through effective leadership.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease and offer recommendations.
- Oversees the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required.
- Oversees the follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident
- Attends and assists with resident social functions and activities. Based on the needs of the business, working weekends will be required periodically.
- Identifies and maintains team attendance and participation in training seminars as requested.
- May be required to drive a motorized vehicle on or off property for Company business and run errands as necessary.
- Always represents the Company in a professional manner. Consistently maintains a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.