The Verb Hotel
VISION: The Authentic Rock and Roll Experience
MISSION: Our Band Produces a Uniquely Amplified Experience through Genuine, Fun and Caring Service that makes Our Guests Feel Like Rock Stars
JOB OVERVIEW: This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills as a leader in the Finance and Administration team. The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and have an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. A strong ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role. This position reports to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager and will also assist with general business operational requests. Must be detail-oriented, organized, prompt with deadlines, and collaborative with all departments.
REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager / General Manager
- Accounts payable, collecting and entering invoices/purchase orders into our system, preparing payments and creating check request.
- Communicate weekly with department managers for signatures and expenses.
- Reconciling reports for daily reservations through OTAs.
- Process ACH Payments to approved vendors and submit check requests to General/Hotel Manager.
- Create the monthly P & L variance report, ensuring accuracy with centralized accounting.
- Responsible for attending weekly accounting meeting and preparing reports including A/R, A/P, Cash Flow, Capital Expenditure Projects.
- Reconcile checks and bank statement. Process stop payments if needed.
- Conduct Cash Audits of hotel bank, supervise cash handling protocol, coordinate bank deposits and reimbursements for Petty Cash.
- Manage collections from vendors.
- Assisting in the monthly financial close process.
- At start of new month, send final invoice batch to centralized accounting.
- Supporting the annual budgeting process.
- Supervise Payroll, perform audits and maintain associate attendance log with infractions bi-weekly.
- Write emails, assist with projects, schedule and confirm meetings on behalf of Assistant General Manager / General Manager.
- Maintain sensitive company files in a confidential manner.
- Ensure file organization based on office protocol.
- Maintain log and payout incentives weekly, as needed.
- Assist in auditing front desk and night audit for quality in billing and reconcile reservations system for errors.
- Provide administrative support for the Hotel Management Team, including creating or maintaining presentations.
Additional Job Functions
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Hospitality
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Ability to work quickly in a high-pressure & high stress environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptionally detailed and consistent in follow up with team members
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the Verb Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Comply with The Verb Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help coworkers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to empower themselves to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, empathy, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical skills and skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system. Ability to lift 50lbs, stand for an extended period of time, walk, bend, and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers. Any related certification(s) is a plus.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something. In this position you are expected to:
- Provide genuine fun and caring service to all.
- Proactively communicates concisely the most impactful information
- Make empowered decisions to the benefit of guests and the hotel.
- Be a hard-working individual while holding oneself accountable.
- Have professional competency in Hotel systems and procedures.
- Can lead and manage others in an effective way.
- Take initiative and the ability to self-motivate.
- Hold themselves with a high sense of integrity and promote team spirit.
- Can act on essential and important procedures and lead measures.
- Helps achieve Hotel’s Wildly Important Goals.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.